Antiheroes & Fairytales.




This picture has no relevance whatsoever, but I wanted to have a nice picture for the little thumbnail thingy. Oh, and I'll be reviewing the last three books that I've read! They're only five sentences long, so don't worry about them eating away at your time.



Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge ★★☆

I wasn't expecting it to be so good. I loved the story line, which was kind of a mix between beauty and the beast, rumpelstiltskin and a crap ton of greek mythology. I also found myself gradually falling in love with the characters. Which is funny, because I absolutely loathed them at the beginning. Especially Nyx, she's all over the place




The Merciless by Danielle Vega ★

You know that icky feeling of dread you get after watching a horror movie? I felt that way after reading this. It definitely didn't help that I had to go and walk the dog afterwards, in the dark, with no flashlight. Also, the binding and cover of the hardback version of this is one of the most beautiful things I've seen. It actually kind of reminds me of bibles, which is especially relevant considering what actually happens in this book (bad, scary things happen).


The Archetype by M.D. Waters ★

I'm not entirely sure what to think of this. It was a clusterf*ck of something, I'm just not entirely sure what it was. I didn't hate it per say, but there's a strong amount of dislike riddled in there somewhere. Yet, I also kind of liked it. So sue me. 




I'm going to be mean, and ask if you can review the last book you read in 5 words. Excluding the title and author of course, you can make them as long as they have to be. Although, I have  just realised this week how annoying the blogger commenting system can be. That's one thing wordpress has going for it I guess. 




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Fleur Henley. Design by Fearne.