5 Authors We Both Need To Read More Of


I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I have over 100 unread books on my shelves. Yeah, it's a nightmare.


So when this week's Top Five Wednesday topic came along (you can join here if you're interested), it seemed like the perfect opportunity to glare at my shelves and remind myself about all the books that need reading. In it's own funny little way, it worked. However, writing this post also reminded me of all the books that I want to buy as well. Oops.

Donna Tartt


I'm currently reading her book, The Secret History, and I'm loving it. Although I do remember starting on this a while back and loving it then too. It's funny. The book is lovely, the prose is amazing and the characters speak to me – but I keep finding myself abandoning it after reading 1 or 2 chapters. Maybe it's because the chapters are so friken long. 

I can deal with long books, the amount of pages is fine. The thing is though, I use chapters as bookmarks rather than actual physical ones so having them go on and on, doesn't really help me get to sleep any faster. I realise that, which I think is what demotivates me to continue reading her books. However, now that my exams are over, I'm starting the Secret History again from page one and seeing where it leads me.

Christina Henry


Peter promised we would all be young and happy forever.

I know that she has other books about a dark angel or something, but that really isn't my kind of thing. However, I love her as a fairytale reteller. I've read two books by her so far. Both of them are centred around Alice in Wonderland (you can read my review of the first book here) and it appears that she has a new book about Peter Pan. Oh hold up. It's about Captain Hook.

Pierce Brown


I know, he doesn't have very many books out, but here's to hoping yeah? I pretty sure his next book comes out this year. October something. Which is still an age away, but it's getting closer every second. It's one of the only things that I don't mind about time moving on. On one hand, books like this are going to be coming out the further down the year we go. On the other hand, I'm getting closer and closer to having to move out and live by myself. Yikes!

If you haven't read any of his books by now, he only has one series, then I would definitely recommend that you do so. Preferably before his new book comes out so I have someone to talk to about it with.

Brandon Sanderson


I think I might have mentioned this before, Brandon Sanderson is my favourite author. I have a whole shelf dedicated to him, complete with a dying cactus and a small, painted turtle. However, around 40% of the books on that shelf have not been read and will probably stay unread that until some far away point in the future. So, I hear you ask, what does this mean for my wallet? Nothing good.

I really need to up my game on getting through his books. But at the same time, I don't want it to feel like a chore – that would ruin quite a lot of the enjoyment for me. So I'll satisfy myself by writing down somewhere (here) that I need to read his books, and hope that it serves as a good motivator.

Kendare Blake


I think I've read 4 books by her plus a novella, and I've loved every single one of them. There are some books of hers that I refuse to read like book 2 in the Anna Dressed in Blood Series. I loved the first book and honestly, I think it would have done just fine as a standalone. Therefore I'm not going to read the second book, just in case it ruins my view on the series. Yes, I am a little bit of a coward.


Follow
Check out my Instagram, Twitter and Subscribe by email!

6 comments

  1. I agree with Pierce Brown and Kendare Blake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also put kendare blake on my list because I've only read anna dressed in blood and I've heard great things about some of her other books like three dark crowns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't meshed well with Kendare Blake, but a lot of people love her books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I think I'll definitely have to try Christina Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post! It's really nice to take a break from well-known authors, people that everyone talks about, to get to know other talented writers. Now, my TBR pile was huge, but now I have more authors to check out. It's an endless vicious circle, isn't it? ahaha I do have Steelheart (Brandon Sanderson) on my shelf, so I might read it any time :D

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Fleur Henley. Design by Fearne.