LGBTQ+ Book Recs!

I'm pretty sure this series gets gay in the next couple of books *fingers crossed*
This is a Top Five Wednesday. If you’re interested in joining in, and doing your own top five Wednesday - feel free to look through this group for the topics!

Ask The Passengers : Lesbians


Nawh this was pretty cute. I think this is my second (?) contemporary book which deals with LGBT lifestyles. Now that doesn't sound like very much but considering I've only really read six contemporary books that I can recall . . . it's really not that bad! I should probably start reading more contemporary though. It's not something I usually pick up, but when I do I generally really enjoy them.

Warning: The way in which the main character decides that she likes girls, is a little questionable.

The passenger stories were such an adorable add on. It was nice to jump from Astrid's point of view for a while and read a different story, all the while continuing the plot. They all kept to the theme of love, or lost love which meshed it all together quite nicely. I found it really relatable. I've come across 99% of the people in this book, and this is exactly how I think they would act in these situations. They may not do nice things, or be the best of friends, but the author doesn't beautify everything and make everything seem okay. People have to work at being good, at being introduced to a new lifestyle, it doesn't happen overnight.

The Lie Tree : Lesbians


This was such an empowering book for both young girls and grown women. It sends a beautiful message in amongst all of the murder, mayhem and mystery. It shows us the dreadful unfairness of how women were treated, even by other women, but then compares it to how clever the main character is and lets us draw our own conclusions. I would recommend this to ANYONE AND EVERYONE. Seriously, if you have the chance, pick it up.

Faith had always told herself that she was not like other ladies. But neither, it seemed, were other ladies.

The Darkest Part of the Forest : Gay Guys


I thoroughly enjoyed the book and would definitely recommend it to fantasy and fairy tale lovers. If you're already a fan of faerie books or if you're looking for a quick but fun read, I definitely recommend this book. The reason I say 'already a fan' is because explantations of certain mannerisms are skipped over. This doesn't make the book unreadable but you might find it helpful to have some background info.

You can't embarrass me into leaving my own sister

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda : Gay Guys


This book was one of the most adorable things I've read this (2016) year. Seriously. I spent the next few hours with a smile on my face due to the fluffy ending of this book (if that's not normal, then please ignore the last sentence). But yeah, it was cute asf.

Read my full review on my blog here.

Midwinterblood : Lesbians


It's not focused around relationships, but there is mention of lesbians. True it's only a couple of lines, but it's super casual which is great, as opposed to making a huge deal about them being LGBTQ+.

Follow
Check out my Instagram, Twitter and Subscribe by email!

6 comments

  1. I've been dying to read Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda for ages! I've heard such good things about it. Hopefully I can get my hands on it soon!

    http://www.thesmalladventurer.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I definitely recommend that you check it out, sooner rather than later <3

      Delete
  2. Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda is so cute! Also, let's high five over The Darkest Part of the Forest. Such a beautiful ship in this one.

    www.dinasoaur.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five! The darkest part of the forest was such a lovely book tbh, and the cover was beautiful as well!

      Delete
  3. Awesome post! :)

    Quick note though: a lot of LGBTQ+ people (like me!) don't like their sexualities being referred to as 'lifestyles' - it implies a choice and tends to be belittling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda! I've read so many great reviews about it! Thanks for the recommendations, Fleur! One of my bookish goals for this year was to read more diverse books, so... These titles come in very handy :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Fleur Henley. Design by Fearne.