Books To Take On A Long Flight



Summer holidays are coming up. While it isn't exactly a holiday for me, I'll have to study for pretty much all of it, I will be spending 26+ hours on a plane. Which means that I'll need to keep my self entertained.

In my mind, there are certain types of books that you take on the plane. They have to distract, be entertaining and quite generally, be short enough to finish on the flight there. It's always extremely satisfying when you finish a book in one go. However, it can often be hard to find books that fit all these requirements and like them in the process. So I've collated a list of all the books that I can think of that I would actually enjoy taking on a flight. Mind you, this isn't a very extensive list but it's all the books that I could find.




Horror might seem like an odd choice of genre to read on the plane. You're thousands of feet in the air, trapped on a metal box with hundreds of other people and bawling children. It can be scary. So what do we do? We get something scarier, and immerse ourselves in that. While I wasn't exactly terrified by Anna Dressed in Blood, it was very fun to read and it's a perfect airplane book. The writing is very easy to lose yourself in, with a nice balance of assholes and sweetness.

In comparison, The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things doesn't seem quite as horrific on the surface, but the characters do all have their dark little secrets. Honestly though, I'm recommending this to you because I adore the main character in this. She goes around sticking positive post it notes on lockers, which is honestly the sweetest thing since caramel ice cream.




Scarlett Epstin Hates It Here may not be the pinnacle of literature, but it is very entertaining. If you're interested in pop culture, unfortunate realisations and don't mind a love interest who's a bit of a douche bag - then you'll probably enjoy this book. Don't worry, if asshole love interests aren't your thing, he's not mentioned all that much. It's just something to be aware of.

If you're interested in reading about airplanes, while you're on the airplane, Ask The Passengers is an adorable story about a girl coming to terms with her sexuality. Although I'm not exactly a fan of her girlfriend / love interest, the actual story is pretty cute. I'm not going to go on a long rant, but the girlfriend is kind of . . . not someone I would spend my time with. Other people seem to really like her though, so I would suggest that you give it a go!

3 comments

  1. I've heard so much about Anna Dressed in Blood but I've never gotten around to picking it up, mostly because I'm about to be buried alive by my tbr...

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Fleur Henley. Design by Fearne.